Friday, December 28, 2007










I relish the opportunity to photograph a wonderful family such as the Jewell's, they totally get what I do. What do I do you may ask, this is a question I have been pondering recently... I love mood, movement and texture, I love bright, vibrant and energetic color, contrasty and often moody black and whites, but most of all I love capturing who my subjects are in an honest way.

Note to photographers and any who are interested
It all comes down to a photographer, artist or anyone for that matter developing a definate personal style, that style has to be nurtured and developed over many years. When I first started photography I had many photographer hero's, Bruce Weber, Peter Lindbergh, Richard Avedon and Nick Knight to name but a few, the night before any shoot I would would pour over books and magazines and choose who to copy, of course it is normal and healthy to be inspired by truly great artists, after a few years though, slowly but surely your personal style will creep in, flourish and grow.
Of course I'm still inspired by my ever growing list of photo hero's but I always endevour to be honest to who I am as a person and subsequently a photographer.

No comments: