Saturday, October 27, 2007





I've shot a lot of portrait sessions recently and am really enjoying being on a creative roll. I'm constantly looking at the work and getting inspiration from photographers and painters from the 20', 30's and 40's. I'm also going back through my own archives and revisiting a lot of what I used to do back in the days of film, I used to employ lots of alternative and deconstructive darkroom techniques such as bleaching, staining prints with tea and coffee, scratching negatives with wire wool, shooting textures with large format cameras and sandwiching negatives etc. Are we ready for the Retrolution?

Anyway, here are some of my favorites from the last few sessions... We start off with Miss Ellie, who loves to play in the woods at her Grandma's house, which is an amazing private botanical garden.

No comments: